To main content

Population statistics

Upcoming publishing: 2020-04-07

Population statistics show population size and population changes, such as the number of births, deaths, and immigration and emigration and are available by county, municipality, sex, age, civil status, country of birth and country of citizenship. The statistics are based on data on registered persons that the Swedish Tax Agency supplies to Statistics Sweden.

Key figures for Sweden


10 333 456

Reference period: January 2020

0.9 %

compared with the same period previous year

Statistical news

Swedens population 2019 – population changes


In 2019, Sweden’s population increased by 97 404 people, 94 percent of whom had a foreign background and the remaining 6 percent had a Swedish background.

All statistical news for this statistic

Tables and graphs

Tables in the Statistical Database


Title Language Type Date
Together – integration in Swedish society English Rapport 2005-04-25

More information

Do you have questions about our statistics?

Statistics Sweden, Population and Economic Welfare statistics unit


Simple URL: